Destinations Covered: Gangtok – Lachung – Lachen
06 NIGHTS / 07 DAYS
Gangtok:- Nestled between the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, the city of Gangtok rises as a center for Tibetology and Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is the capital of the state of Sikkim in India and a popular destination for globetrotters. With its stunning views of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world, this beautiful city gained prominence after the construction of Enchey Monastery. Today, Gangtok is home to many monasteries and educational institutions. The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Himalayan Zoological Park, Ganesh Tok, EncheyGompa and White Memorial Hall, are few of the attractions in Gangtok. Another feature of the city, is that it acts as a gateway to other parts of the state. It is very easy to travel to the various places of interest in Sikkim from Gangtok like Tsomgo Lake, Yumthang Valley, Nathu La Pass, Pelling and more.
Lachung:- Lachungis a picturesque town in North Sikkim. Situated close to the Indo–China border, tourists have to get permission from the government before visiting this breathtakingly beautiful hill station. At the top of your list of places to visit should be the Lachung Monastery, which was built in 1850. It is surrounded by apple orchards, and coincidentally, Lachung is famous for its apples as well as peaches and apricots. The handicraft centre has an interesting selection of exquisitely woven rugs and blankets for those who wish to shop. The Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, with the Yumthang Chu flowing through, is a place of beauty and is a good place to visit for a leisurely and scenic stroll. Visitors to Lachung often plan to stay for a night before continuing on to the Yumthang valley, which is a grazing paradise for yaks. All the same, visiting the beautiful Lachung is highly recommended for those looking for peace and relaxation, while surrounded by forests and mountains.
Lachen:-Located at an altitude of 9,000 feet on the mountain slope, overlooking the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas, Lachen is one of the most picturesque spots in North Sikkim. Lachen is a small hamlet surrounded by green mountains on all sides and heavily blessed by Mother Nature in the form of scenic beauty. The road to Lachen is rugged and the journey is hectic, but when you finally reach the hamlet, you forget everything and feel like sitting on the lap of Mother Nature. The altitude of Lachen makes it a freezing zone and if you visit the place in winter, Lachen would greet you with snow. The roads, the trees, the slanted roofs of the houses get covered with snow turning the small village into a romantic world. Apart from mesmerizing you with its picturesque surrounding, dominated by snow-capped mountain peaks, Lachen will show you the gate through which you will enter and start your journey towards a divine destination-the Gurudongmar Lake.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
- Day 01: –Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri – Gangtok
Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and transfer to Gangtok (114kms/4.5hrs). At an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim, a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: –Gangtok local sightseeing
After breakfast start the morning with sightseeing in and around this capital city of Sikkim, covering Chortan( Stupa) Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday), Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday) and, Ranka Monastery &Jakhri water falls.
- Day 03: –Gangtok – Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandirsightseeing
After breakfast, set out for the day excursion to the Tsomgo Lake (40 km from Gangtok). This lake is home to the Brahmini ducks. En route, stop at Kyongnosla. Then, travel to Baba Mandir (at an altitude of around 13,500 feet). Return to Gangtok and retire for the night at the hotel.
- Day 04: –Gangtok – Lachung
After breakfast pickup from your hotel at Gangtok and Transfer to Lachung (117Kms/6.5Hrs), en-route sightseeing at Singhik View point, Chumthang Valley, Twin Falls and Vima Falls. Evening free to explore the beautiful Himalayan village by your own. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 05: –Day trip to Yumthangvalley and transfer to LachenAfter breakfast start for half day excursion trip to Yumthang Valley, en-route visit Hot Spring and Singba Rhododendron Sanctuary. Some photographs of the natural scenes of Switzerland and Yumthang valley are very hard to distinguish. Yumthang, which is at an altitude of 12,000 ft., is situated about 135 km from Gangtok. April and May promises colorful flowers & Orchids, whereas November end to March usually sees snows.Transfer back to Lachung for Lunch followed by visit to Lachung Monastery. After sightseeing transfer to lachen, overnight stay at Hotel.
- Day 06: –Lachen -Gangtok
After breakfast cover Gurudongmar lake and transfer to Gangtok. Overnight stay at Gangtok hotel.
- Day 07: –Gangtok to Bagdogra
After breakfast check/out from the hotel and proceed to Bagdogra Airport/NJP railway station
- Airport or railway station transfer
- AC transportation by private vehicles as per itineraries and package (AC will be switched off on hilly area)
- Daily breakfast at hotel.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis (3/4 star category)
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5% GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All entry fees for sightseeing (If applicable)
- Peak season surcharges not included.
- All personal expenses & Others (Out of Itinerary)
* Above mentioned package price is applicable when it is a group of 6 tourists.
Depending on the no. of tourists, tour package price per person will vary.
Package Cost – Rs15,460/- Price per person