Destinations Covered: Gangtok – Darjeeling
05 NIGHTS / 06 DAYS
Gangtok:- Such tour packages are offered to cover some of the prime destinations in and around Darjeeling and Gangtok. During your Beauty of the North East tours, you will explore Tiger Hill to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga, Ghoom Monastery and Batashia Loop War Memorial and many others. Other attractions consist of Padmaja N. Zoological Garden, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center, Ropeway, and various others. Chortan( Stupa) Institute of Tibetology, Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday) and, Ranka Monastery & Jakhri water falls. In Gangtok, you will visit the main attractions along with Tsomgo Lake at an altitude of 12400 ft, 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is about 1 Km long, oval in shape and 15 meter deep. It is considered sacred by the local people. Please go through our day to day tour itinerary and enjoy your holidays in a memorable way through beauty of the North East tours.
Darjeeling:-Lying amidst the slopes of the Lesser Himalayas and blanketed by emerald green plantations of tea, Darjeeling is a picturesque town in the Indian state of West Bengal. The majestic Kangchenjunga towers over this beautiful town, which is the third highest mountain in the world. Popularly known as the ‘Queen of the Hills’, Darjeeling provided stunning locations for many Bollywood movies including Barfi, Main Hoon Na and Aradhana. Developed by the British, the colonial era architecture can still be seen everywhere in Darjeeling. Tiger Hill offers a spectacular view of both Mount Everest and Mount Kangchenjunga. Lloyd’s Botanical Garden has a collection of several species of flora including oak, magnolia and bamboo. Go on an adventurous trek up to Sandakphu in Singalila Range, the highest peak in West Bengal and feast your eyes on the spellbinding panorama.
- Day 01: –Arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station – Darjeeling (95 kms. / 3 hrs)
Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and transfer to Darjeeling .Once the summer capital of India, Darjeeling is a land of infinite variety and charm. It is the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt of the Lama-Religion. Surrounded by Tea gardens; this little town faces some of the highest peaks of the Himalayas. Take rest and then walk around town to appreciate the new culture you are in. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
- Day 02: –Local Sightseeing tour at Darjeeling
Early morning start for “Tiger Hill” to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga (Worlds 3rd highest peak).Visit Ghoom Monastery and Batashia Loop War Memorial while returning to the Hotel. Breakfast at the Hotel followed by half day local sightseeing covering Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Closed on Thursday), Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center (Closed on Sunday) and visit to the Mall, Local Market (Closed on Thursday). Evening free for shopping & individual activity and there will be overnight stay at the hotel.
- Day 03: –Darjeeling to Gangtok (105 kms. / 4 hrs)
After breakfast transfer to Gangtok, at an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim. It is a beautiful and clean town with the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 04: –Gangtok local sightseeing
After breakfast start the half day sightseeing in and around this capital city of Sikkim, covering Chortan( Stupa) Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday), Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday) and, Ranka Monastery & Jakhri water falls.
- Day 05: –Excursion trip to Tsomgo lakeAfter breakfast start for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people, Evening free at Gangtok for shopping and individual activity.
- Day 06: –Gangtok to Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri (114 Kms / 05 hrs)
After breakfast transfer to Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station, Tour Ends.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- AC transportation by private vehicles as per itineraries and package (AC will be switched off on hilly area)
- Daily breakfast at hotel.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis (3/4 star category)
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Children below 6 years of age sharing with parents would be complimentary on room only basis.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5% GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All entry fees for sightseeing (If applicable)
- All personal expenses
- Others (Out of Itinerary)