Destinations Covered: Kangra & Dharamshala
03 NIGHTS / 04 DAYS
Dharamshala:-Dharamsala is famed as the holy residence of the Dalai Lama and houses the Tibetan monk in exile. Dharamsala is located in Kangra district at a distance of 18km from Kangra City. The city is distinctively separated as upper and lower divisions with different altitudes. The lower division is the Dharamsala town itself whereas the upper division is popularly known as Mcleodganj. This is situated on the upper hilly stretch of land of Kangra Valley which is placed just against the picturesque scene of Dhauladhar ranges. Being a Tibetan hub, Dharamsala is considered to be one of the best places to learn and explore Buddhism and Tibetan Culture.
Kangra:-Kangra is a district in Himachal Pradesh with Dharamshala as the administrative headquarters. With might Beas River flowing through the Valley, Kangra is also known for the backdrop of Dhauladar range, ancient temples and endless tea plantations. Repeated mention of the Valley in the holy Hindu texts, present Kangra as ‘Devbhumi’ or Land of the Gods. Kangra is a district which encompasses Dharamshala and McleodGanj within its boundaries. The beautiful tea plantations are located in Palampur and areas around which lies 36 km away from Kangra city. Jwala Devi temple, most famous of them all are known for its eternal flame, which is burning continuously for years without any known source of fuel. The temple has put the theories of science in question. Masroor cut rock temple, which is a rock temple from the monolithic age and has been mentioned in the holy book of Mahabharat.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
- Day 01: –Chandigarh to Dharamshala (250 km/approx. 5 hours)
After you arrive at the Chandigarh railway station / airport, your car will pick you up and take you to Dharamshala. Check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the evening at your leisure and overnight at the hotel.
- Day 02: –Sightseeing in Dharamshala
After breakfast, go on a short sightseeing trip of Dharamshala. Visit the Tibetan Medical Centre that treats patients with rare Tibetan medicines. See the Church of St. John which has beautiful Belgian stained-glass windows from the 19th century. You may also choose to take part in a meditation class or visit a local monastery. Enjoy the evening at your leisure and overnight at the hotel.
- Day 03: –Dharamshala to Kangra (20 km/approx. 1/2 hours)
After breakfast Full day sightseeing around Dharamsala and Kangra (Masrur rock cut temple, Kangra fort, Kangra temple Chamunda temple and Norbulingka Institute). Return to Dharamshala and overnight stay at the hotel.
- Day 04: –Drive from Dharamshala to Chandigarh (250 km/approx. 5 hours)
After breakfast, you will be driven back to Chandigarh airport/station.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- AC transportation by private vehicles as per itineraries and package (AC will be switched off on hilly area)
- Daily breakfast at hotel.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis (3/4 star category)
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5% GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All entry fees for sightseeing (If applicable)
- Peak season surcharges not included.
- All personal expenses & Others (Out of Itinerary)
Package Cost – Rs 7,800
* Above mentioned package price is applicable when it is a group of 6 tourists.
Depending on the no. of tourists, tour package price per person will vary.