Destinations Covered: Gangtok
03 NIGHTS / 04 DAYS
Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim and located on a ridge at 5500 feet height. It is a beautiful hill station. Amidst the clouds and surrounded by the plush greenery, deep valleys and scenic views of Khangchendzonga (Kanchenjunga), the beautiful hill town is a business, political, cultural, educational and tourism hub of the state where a good number of tourists come all through the year. Here, you will see a superb blend of culture and traditions and up to date fashion and trends. The entire hill station and its neighboring area has a charisma of its own that keeps one spellbound. MG Marg is the main street and a great place to chill out. The beautiful street is free from vehicular traffic and is also a litter free zone.
During your Gangtok tour, you will be exploring some of the wonderful attractions in the city that will surely keep you enticed and spellbound (Spellbound is one word not two). Some of the must see destinations and tourist places are Rumtek Monastery, Himalayan Zoological Park, Nathula, Tsomgo Lake, Tashi View Point Ropeway, Ganesh Tok (the Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha), Temi Tea Garden, Enchey Monastery, Do-drulChorten, Dodrupchen Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Banjhakri Waterfalls, Institute of Tibetology and Handloom Center.
- Day 01: –Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri to Gangtok (125 kms in approximately 4 hours)
On arrival, you will meet a Time Holidays representative who will take you to the hotel. On reaching, check-in to hotel, unpack and relax.
- Day 02: –Gangtok local sightseeing
Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel and proceed for a city tour visiting Rumtek Monastery, Do DrulChorten, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sundays),Bhanjhakri falls and Energy park, Ranka monastery Cottage Industry (closed on Sundays) and Flower Show Complex. Spend your night at the hotel comfortably.
- Day 03: –Gangtok Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir
Enjoy a warm breakfast at the hotel and proceed for a full day excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet. The lake derives its waters from melting snows off the surrounding mountains. Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the color of the lake’s waters. Also visit the Baba Mandir. Rest overnight at hotel.
- Day 04: –Gangtok to Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri in time for flight / train for your onward journey.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- AC transportation by private vehicles as per itineraries and package (AC will be switched off on hilly area)
- Daily breakfast at hotel.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis (3/4 star category)
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Children below 6 years of age sharing with parents would be complimentary on room only basis.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5% GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All entry fees for sightseeing (If applicable)
- All personal expenses
- Others (Out of Itinerary)