Destinations Covered: Gangtok – Lachung
04 NIGHTS / 05 DAYS
Gangtok:- Nestled between the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, the city of Gangtok rises as a center for Tibetology and Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is the capital of the state of Sikkim in India and a popular destination for globetrotters. With its stunning views of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world, this beautiful city gained prominence after the construction of Enchey Monastery. Today, Gangtok is home to many monasteries and educational institutions. The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Himalayan Zoological Park, Ganesh Tok, EncheyGompa and White Memorial Hall, are few of the attractions in Gangtok. Another feature of the city, is that it acts as a gateway to other parts of the state. It is very easy to travel to the various places of interest in Sikkim from Gangtok like Tsomgo Lake, Yumthang Valley, Nathu La Pass, Pelling and more.
Lachung:-Lachung, which means 'small pass,' is a picturesque town in North Sikkim. Situated close to the Indo–China border, tourists have to get permission from the government before visiting this breathtakingly beautiful hill station. At the top of your list of places to visit should be the Lachung Monastery, which was built in 1850. It is surrounded by apple orchards, and coincidentally, Lachung is famous for its apples as well as peaches and apricots. The handicraft centre has an interesting selection of exquisitely woven rugs and blankets for those who wish to shop. The Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, with the Yumthang Chu flowing through, is a place of beauty and is a good place to visit for a leisurely and scenic stroll. Visitors to Lachung often plan to stay for a night before continuing on to the Yumthang valley, which is a grazing paradise for yaks. All the same, visiting the beautiful Lachung is highly recommended for those looking for peace and relaxation, while surrounded by forests and mountains.
- Day 01: –Bagdogra/NJP to Gangtok 125 kms 4 hours approx.
Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and transfer to Gangtok (114kms/4.5hrs). At an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim, a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: –Excursion Trip to Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir
After breakfast, start for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people; further 12Kms visit the Baba Mandir dedicated to the memory of soldier Harbhajan Singh. Evening free at Gangtok for shopping and individual activity.
- Day 03: –Gangtok to Lachung (125 kms / 6 hrs)
After breakfast pickup from your hotel at Gangtok and Transfer to Lachung (117Kms/6.5Hrs), en-route sightseeing at Singhik View point, Chumthang Valley, Twin Falls and Vima Falls. Evening free to explore the beautiful Himalayan village by your own. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04: –Lachung to Gangtok
Early morning after breakfast start for half day excursion trip to Yumthang Valley, en-route visit Hot Spring and Singba Rhododendron Sanctuary. Some photographs of the natural scenes of Switzerland and Yumthang valley are very hard to distinguish. Yumthang, which is at an altitude of 12,000 ft., is situated about 135 km from Gangtok. April and May promises colorful flowers & Orchids, whereas November end to March usually sees snows. Transfer back to Gangtok . Overnight at Gangtok hotel.
- Day 05: –Gangtok – Bagdogra/NJP (125 kms /5 hours approx.)
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bagdogra/NJP in time for flight/train to onward destination.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- AC transportation by private vehicles as per itineraries and package (AC will be switched off on hilly area)
- Daily breakfast at hotel.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis (3/4 star category)
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Children below 6 years of age sharing with parents would be complimentary on room only basis.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5% GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All entry fees for sightseeing (If applicable)
- All personal expenses
- Others (Out of Itinerary)