Destinations Covered: Darjeeling → Gangtok (3N) → Kalimpong
06 NIGHTS / 07 DAYS
Gangtok:- Such tour packages are offered to cover some of the prime destinations in and around Darjeeling and Gangtok. During your Beauty of the North East tours, you will explore Tiger Hill to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga, Ghoom Monastery and Batashia Loop War Memorial and many others. Other attractions consist of Padmaja N. Zoological Garden, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center, Ropeway, and various others. Chortan( Stupa) Institute of Tibetology, Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday) and, Ranka Monastery &Jakhri water falls. In Gangtok, you will visit the main attractions along with Tsomgo Lake at an altitude of 12400 ft, 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is about 1 Km long, oval in shape and 15 meter deep. It is considered sacred by the local people. Please go through our day to day tour itinerary and enjoy your holidays in a memorable way through beauty of the North East tours.
Darjeeling:-Lying amidst the slopes of the Lesser Himalayas and blanketed by emerald green plantations of tea, Darjeeling is a picturesque town in the Indian state of West Bengal. The majestic Kangchenjunga towers over this beautiful town, which is the third highest mountain in the world. Popularly known as the ‘Queen of the Hills’, Darjeeling provided stunning locations for many Bollywood movies including Barfi, Main Hoon Na and Aradhana. Developed by the British, the colonial era architecture can still be seen everywhere in Darjeeling. Tiger Hill offers a spectacular view of both Mount Everest and Mount Kangchenjunga. Lloyd’s Botanical Garden has a collection of several species of flora including oak, magnolia and bamboo. Go on an adventurous trek up to Sandakphu in Singalila Range, the highest peak in West Bengal and feast your eyes on the spellbinding panorama.
Kalingpong:-Away from the hustle-bustle of metropolitan cities, Kalimpong welcomes you with open arms to experience the best that nature has to offer. Located in the state of West Bengal in western India, Kalimpong is a hill station and the subdivision of the Darjeeling district. It is one of the largest sub-divisions of India. Kalimpong is still a hidden gem, but once you visit this exotic town, there is no turning back. A scenic backdrop of the Himalayan Mountains with their snow-covered peaks and lush green surroundings, Kalimpong is undoubtedly a visual treat. Kalimpong is situated at an amazing altitude of 1250 meters, lying a little lower as compared to its neighboring towns of Darjeeling, Gangtok, and Siliguri. The weather in Kalimpong is pleasant with moderate climate round the year making it one of the most preferred tourist destinations in western India. About 40,000 tourists visit Kalimpong every year to get spectacular sights of Kanchenjunga snow peaks, monasteries, flower nurseries, temples and more. It also offers a gateway to other touristy places like Lava, Loleygaon, and Pedong.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
- Day 01: –Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri – Darjeeling
Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and transfer to Darjeeling (95kms/3hrs). Once the summer capital of India, Darjeeling is a land of infinite variety and charm. It will cater you a mix-experience of lively nature & charming Himalayan people. It is the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt of the Lama-Religion. Surrounded by Tea gardens; this little town faces some of the highest peaks of the Himalayas. Take rest and then walk around town to appreciate the new culture you are in. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: –Darjeeling Local Sightseeing two points and best points
Early morning start for Tiger Hill to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga (World’s 3rd highest peak), Visit Ghoom Monastery (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY). Breakfast at the Hotel followed by half day local Best points sightseeing covering Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Closed on Thursday), Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center (Closed on Sunday), Ropeway (entry fees not included), walk around visit to the Mall and Local Market (Closed on Thursday). Evening Free for shopping & individual activity, overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: –Darjeeling to Gangtok
Morning transfer to Gangtok (105kms/4hrs). At an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim is a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
- Day 04: –Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Morning starts the half day sightseeing in and around this capital city of Sikkim, covering Chortan (Stupa), Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday) Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday), Ranka Monastery, Rumtek Monastery and Banjakhri water Falls and Energy park.
- Day 05: –Excursion trip to Tsomgo Lake and Baba MandirStart for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), which is only 32kms from Gangtok City, the lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people, further 12Kms is Baba Mandir dedicated to soldier Harbhajan Singh. Evening free at Gangtok for shopping and individual activity.
- Day 06: –Transfer to Kalimpong and Local Sightseeing
Morning after breakfast transfer to Kalimpong (80Kms / 02 Hours) and later the Local Sight Seeing In and Around Kalimpong City, covering Zong Dog PalriFo- Brong Monastery (Durpin Dara Monastery ) ,Flower & Orchid Nurseries, Dello Hill. Evening free for individual activity. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 07: –Kalimpong – Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri
Morning after breakfast departure transfer to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport (75 Kms / 03 Hours).Tour Ends.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- AC transportation by private vehicles as per itineraries and package (AC will be switched off on hilly area)
- Daily breakfast at hotel.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis (3/4 star category)
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Children below 6 years of age sharing with parents would be complimentary on room only basis.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5% GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All entry fees for sightseeing (If applicable)
- All personal expenses
- Others (Out of Itinerary)